Wednesday 14 May 2014

gary barlow, mcbusted, and sweet, sweet freedom

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

hi guys! april was such a lovely busy month for me. at the beginning of april, i got to go see gary barlow in sheffield with my mum as i bought her tickets for christmas, and it was fantastic! i'm not much of a gary barlow fan (take that, yes, but gary by himself, not so much) but he put on one hell of a show, with incredible lights and a ridiculous amount of confetti, which i keep finding in odd locations all over my house. he played all the take that hits, which got a big thumbs up from me, and he did 2 or 3 songs from a piano that appeared in the middle of the floor section, so at that point he was only about 4 or 6 seats away from us - i swear at one point he looked directly at me. but okay. yes. let's stop fangirling over him now and move on to fangirl about something else: MCBUSTED.

i have been a busted fan since the very beginning - they were the first band i actually ever knew about (other than the stuff my parents liked) and i LOVED them. i saw them live in 2004 (10 years ago) which was my first ever gig. since they broke up, i had a pretty lengthy love affair with mcfly before re-igniting my love for busted when i found their cd's a couple of years ago. on the 30th of april, i got to see them both, live. it was possibly the best night of my whole life. my seats were excellent and i had such a good time. i've never been to a gig before where, not only did i know every song they played, but where every song was a FAVOURITE. i just had so much fun and i could've stood there and watched them play for hours and hours and hours. i let out my inner 9-year-old self and sang and danced and just had the best time. i filmed a few of the songs here but there was NO WAY i was gonna limit my dancing/arm-flailing by trying to get good footage, so it's a bit shaky. you may also be able to here some horrible (and i mean horrible) screechy singing, which i'm very sorry about. i had to delete my video clip for 'britney' (which is possibly my favourite busted song ever) because you couldn't even hear them over my terrible singing, haha!

other than those two fabulous nights, the rest of april was spent working very hard on finishing my foundation diploma. the first two weeks of april were easter, so i had 2 weeks off, but really i spent those 2 weeks kneeling on the floor in my living room covering cling film in electrical tape to make fabric, and then i made a spacesuit out of it. yep. art college makes you do some weird things. once that was made, we all had to come into college to help paint the studios to create our exhibition space, and then i had a dress-up sesh with my friends so i could photograph my final piece. then there was all the boring stuff to do, like write evaluations, fill in forms, label all my work, make sure everything's neat and tidy. i handed everything in on the 5th of may and now it's all done! i kind of don't know what to do with myself any more, so i've been doing a lot of reading and watching a lot of films, but i'm very much enjoying my freedom. so since i've got a lot of time on my hands, expect a lot of blog posts coming your way!

thanks for reading guys! see you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment